Re: I can hear my mouse, but not my music

>> >Try a USB mouse, maybe?
>
>> I can't really spare money for a new mouse currently :( I noticed my
>> soundcard and my eth0 both use IRQ 5, but otherwise I could detect no
>> double uses.
>
>Swap with somebody, if possible.  At least to test the hypothesis.
>Though the IRQ thing sounds more likely.  I'd be googling on that if I
>were you.

I put the eth0 in another slot (now it doesn't share an IRQ with the
soundchip anymore) and as a result the mouse-sound is gone ( ?? 8~/ ).

While googling I found that the error is pretty common, but everyone had
more specific problems than 'it just doesn't work'. A problem seems to be
that the soundchip is locked on 40.1 khz, but that usually only leads to the
music being too slow or too fast.

Via supplies drivers for the 2.4.0 kernel, but for some reason I am unable
to compile one. (The fact that I couldn't select any kernel-source-2.4.0 package in dselect should've been a signal I guess, but I still pulled the source from /pool
and decided to try. Won't compile though.)

sincerely

Ivo Wever
I.J.W.Wever@student.tnw.tudelft.nl