Re: Tool to find out info about machine ?

On Sun Apr 28, 2002 at 11:41:30PM -0500, Elizabeth Barham wrote:

> There is nmap which tries to guess the operating system plus some
> other things. If you are running those machines and want to found out
> how things are going, you might consider installing the snmp daemon on
> them and querying to from remote using the snmp tools.

when I run nmap on any target outside of my little home network, even
with the default options, my internet connection is usually disrupted
rather quickly. The cable modem then needs to be reset.

I don't know if it's messing up the modem or, what I assume, is that cox
cable is reacting to something they don't like that nmap is doing.

any advice?
--
-CraigW