Re: simple dpkg & compile from source question

* craigw (craigw@lvcm.com) [020428 09:31]:
> a-ha. Thank you. I've been wondering about that. You see, the manpage
> for dpkg lists a -R flag twice, and I find it very confusing. First is
> this one:
>
> -R | --recursive
>         (recursively install all debs in dir & subdirs)
>
> Okay, makes sense, no problems there. But then, only a couple lines
> farther down, is this mess:
>
> -R | --root=dir | --admindir=dir | --instdir=dir
>          Change default directories.  admindir  defaults  to

Strange, I don't see that. Maybe it's an old bug that was fixed since
the version I have? mine just shows
       --root=dir | --admindir=dir | --instdir=dir

that's with

ii  dpkg           1.9.20         Package maintenance system for Debian

good times,
Vineet

--
Currently seeking opportunities in the SF Bay Area
Please see http://www.doorstop.net/resume.shtml