Re: lame and Debian packages

>>>>> "stan" == stan  <stanb@awod.com> writes:

    stan> I found the lame source on SourceFoorge (what a great
    stan> resource!), and when I unpacked it, I discovered that it had
    stan> a debbian subdorectory. So here is the question.

as root, try, from the source packaged base directory,
i.e. lame-xx.yy.zz or whatever it might be, "debian/rules binary".
But first have a dig around the debian directory and look for the
control file.  In that file, you might see a line starting with Build
depends: or something like that.  It's probably a good thing to have
those dependancies met before trying to build the binary.

I build the lame package once, but it's been a while...

Good luck.

Marshal