Re: alpha-release of a bug-report & some questions

Here is a copy of /etc/apt/sources.list. I run unstable and although I am in
Australia often find that it is quicker to run it of the main US servers
which is why they are the uncommented ones. If you want to get your system to
woody (ie testing) just uncomment the lines pointing to testing and comment
out the lines pointing to unstable and then run apt-get update to update your
package list and then apt-get upgrade.
This will upgrade everything to testing and hopefully pull in the packages
you are missing. If you then want to get any packages from unstable edit the
sources.list file again and comment out testing and uncomment unstable. Then
run apt-get install whatever the name of the package/packages. If you try and
install something using dselect it will try to upgrade all your other
packages as well. I am sure there probably is a way to stop it doing this but
I haven't taken the time to figure it out and just install use apt-get if I
want to install a particular package without upgrading everything.

If you do have a new hardware you might consider running unstable as that
will give you access to the latest xfree86 and also the newest kernels. To
see what kernel versions are available try apt-cache search kernel.

Hope this is some use.

# See sources.list(5) for more information, especialy
# Remember that you can only use http, ftp or file URIs
# CDROMs are managed through the apt-cdrom tool.
#deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian stable main contrib non-free
#deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US stable/non-US main contrib
non-free
#deb http://security.debian.org stable/updates main contrib non-free

# Uncomment if you want the apt-get source function to work
#deb-src http://http.us.debian.org/debian stable main contrib non-free
#deb-src http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US stable non-US

#deb cdrom:[Debian GNU/Linux 2.2 r2 _Potato_ - Official i386 Binary-1
(20001207)]/ unstable contrib main non-US/contrib non-US/main

#deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian testing main contrib non-free
#deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US testing/non-US main non-free

deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian unstable main contrib non-free
deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US unstable/non-US main non-free

#deb ftp://ftp.us.debian.org/debian woody main non-free contrib
#deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US woody/non-US main contrib non-free

#deb http://ftp.au.debian.org/pub/debian woody main contrib non-free
#deb http://ftp.au.debian.org/pub/debian-non-US woody/non-US main non-free

#deb http://ftp.au.debian.org/pub/debian sid main contrib non-free