[beswicks@email.com: iBook 600MHz]

----- Forwarded message from Chris Beswick <beswicks@email.com> -----

Delivery-date: Sun, 28 Apr 2002 00:43:16 +0200
From: "Chris Beswick" <beswicks@email.com>
To: <owner@bugs.debian.org>
Subject: iBook 600MHz

Hi,

I have been unable to get woody (the latest netinst cd) to find my hd during install (ie fdisk say /dev/hda aint there), I have noticed a number of people with the 14.1" iBooks with this problem and as my iBook is a 12.1" model I guess it only affects the iBook 2002 range (they all have sony cd/dvd drives instead of Panasonic/Toshiba (I cannot remember which the 2001 models have))

I've had a play with some precompiled benh kernels, from http://www.ppckernels.org and they can sometimes find the hd (ie make it accessable via /dev/hda) but it aint reliable and can sometimes lead to a kernel panic.

any ideas?

c.

----- End forwarded message -----

--