Re: HP 932 printer and Woody

Cougar <cougaram@charter.net> wrote:

Has anyone managed to get the HP 900 series to work with Woody? I've
tried the search engines and the HP Linux driver page to absolutely no
avail. Since the HP 932 printer works flawlessly with Suse, Mandrake,
and RH, is it not logical to assume it should work with Woody? Any
feedback on this would be greatly appreciated!

"The Cougar's Den"

My HP 960c works flawlessly with CUPS and the "hp900-series" driver. I am using the gimprint drivers, which I find provide a bit more functionality for my printer (enables more features), as well as it just looks better, IMHO. I have been running "testing = Woody" since late last fall.

Getting it going with CUPS was quite easy under KDE 2.2.2. There is a setup wizzard that really is easy to use on a single-computer setup. It is a little puzzling to use at first if you want to provide network access to the printer, but once you do it it appears equally as simple! Providing network access is mainly a permissions thing. There are also LOTS of posts in the archives of this mailing list on using CUPS. Overall, CUPS is far easier to get going than the other printing systems, IMHO!

I "think" I was also using this printer with LPRng, before I moved to CUPS, but I don't recall any details of the setup.

Cheers & Good Luck!

-Don Spoon-