Re: apt/dpkg problem

On Sat, 27 Apr 2002 21:59, Pietro Cagnoni wrote:
> Peter Parkes wrote:
>  > After running KPackage yesterday (I just wanted a look), I am now
>  > having problems with dpkg and apt. I am getting an error;  Unable
>  > to parse status file /var/lib/dpkg/status (1).
>
> it happened a few times to me too. i was usually able to solve it by
> editing /var/lib/dpkg/status (yes i know it can be dangerous). is
> there any line number specified for the error? you can try posting the
> relevant section of the file.
>
> hope it helps.
>
> pietro.

Unfortunately no, it doesn't refer to any line no. I'll have a go myself I
guess but it's a 1.3M file and I don't really have a clue what I'm looking
for. All I can think to do is go through it comparing it with the backup from
when it was working and see if I find something that looks wrong.

Thanks, hey.

Peter.