Re: pgaccess and latin1

On Sat, Apr 27, 2002 at 10:57:06AM +0200, Jan Ulrich Hasecke wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying out postgresql and pgaccess. I have a charset problem with
> pgaccess. When I insert data with pgaccess I cannot insert german
> umlauts. Typing a-umlaut end up in the Trademark-Sign.

What's the characterset of the locale you're operating under?  If it's
not the same as the postgres backend, you might see such problems as
some of the high-bit characters have different encodings under the
various 8859-x charactersets (and obviously, some characters exist
in some charactersets, and not in others).  What does the following
character look like ä?  AFAICT, there isn't a trademark symbol in
latin1.  There is the (R) ®, "registered" mark.

--
Eric G. Miller <egm2@jps.net>