Re: [OT] Asus A7M266 motherboard and Debian

On Sat, Apr 27, 2002 at 12:13:51AM -0400, Faheem Mitha wrote:

| Would you prefer these motherboards to the more recent ones from the point
| of view of stability under Linux? I'm thinking for example of the Asus
| A7V266 and the A7V333, I think the former has the KT266A chipset, and the
| latter the KT333 chipset, both from VIA? My impression is that the more
| recent Athlon motherhoards have more dodgy support in general (needing to
| patch kernels etc,) which I don't want to get into.

I recently picked up a machine with the KT266 chipset (and an AthlonXP
1800).  The ready-made kernel-image-2.4.18-k7 kernel works great (once
I specified the correct root= :-)).  The mobo was made by MSI, though,
not Asus.

-D

--

Pleasant words are a honeycomb,
sweet to the soul and healing to the bones.