Re: IP Masquerade

hi ya richard...

is your ipmasq gateway to the outside world the same as your firewall ??

- if you know ipchains  better than iptables, you can run ipchains
  on 2.4 kernels by installing "ipchains" modules in the 2.4 kernels
	insmod ipchains
	ipchains -L

- several dozen config tools .... mostly for ipchains.. some for
  iptables..
	http://www.linux-sec.net/Firewalls

c ya
alvin

- the infamous 3-line ( simplest ) masquerade
  http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/IPCHAINS-HOWTO-3.html#ss3.1
	# add this to the example  for 2.4 kernels for testing
	insmod ipchains
	#
	ipchains -P forward DENY
	ipchains -A forward -i ppp0 -j MASQ
	echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward

	- change ppp0 to eth0...
	- see it allows your inside machines out..

- next step...
	- egress filtering
	- ingress filtering
	- port forwarding, natting
	- .... lots of work to keep one occupied for a month
	-