One-way newsfeed (was Re: linux.debian.user newsgroup)

on Fri, Apr 26, 2002, ben (benfoley@rcn.com) wrote:
> On Thursday 25 April 2002 11:17 pm, Karsten M. Self wrote:
> > on Tue, Apr 23, 2002, Grant Edwards (grante@visi.com) wrote:
> > > I've noticed that a few of the messages in this list show up in
> > > linux.debian.user, but most of them don't.  Is there a
> > > newsgroup version of the list somewhere?
> >
> > muc.debian.user, IIRC.  The muc bit I'm sure of.
>
> just out of curiousity, having noticed the same, how is it that certain posts
> don't make it to the archives?

Mail <=> News gateways are infamously nonsynchronous.  The d-u / muc.d.u
gateway is unidirectional.  Newsgroup posts don't hit the mailing list.

Peace.

   Iomega:  click of death, Jaz Junk, and now, NAS?  Not!
     http://www.google.com/search?q=iomega+jaz+drive+failure