Re: cups - printing to another machine

On  0, Lance Hoffmeyer <lance@augustmail.com> wrote:
> How do I setup cups on machine1 to print on machine2?
>
> Machine2 is setup with cups and I can print on it.
>

> I have tried the following from machine1 thinking that cups has builtin http support:
>
> lpadmin -p Laserjet -v ipp://machine2/printers/Laserjet (from the docs)
> lpadmin -p Laserjet -v http://machine2/printers/Laserjet (from the docs)
>
> but this does not work.  I have these two machines connected via a hub with nfs.

What you have tried is correct.  How have you set up the permissions
on machine2?  Have you allowed machine1 to connect, or do you have
this sort of access control section:

order deny,allow
deny from all
allow from localhost

?

Tom
--
Tom Cook

"That you're not paranoid does not mean they're not out to get you."
	- Robert Waldner

Get my GPG public key: https://pinky.its.adelaide.edu.au/~tkcook/tom.cook-at-adelaide.edu.au