Re: missing parallel port

On Wed, Apr 24, 2002 at 11:45:11AM -0700, David Smead wrote:
> Gordon,
>
> Thanks for the reply.  I tried the modprobe - can't find such a module.
> I added CONFIG_PRINTER=y to config-2.2.19-idepci and rebooted.  Nothing
> changed.

You need to recompile the kernel for this to take effect.

Check to see if you have the lp module by running "locate lp.o"
If you have the module, it should return something like:
/lib/modules/2.2.19-idepci/kernel/drivers/char/lp.o

If you find the lp module, run modprobe again but this time
include the complete pathname to the module.