Re: sendmail half-works (more data)

On Thu, Apr 25, 2002 at 11:26:13AM -0500, dman wrote:

| As a regular user :
|     $ echo "hi" | /usr/sbin/sendmail dman@dman.ddts.net
|     collect: Cannot write ./dfg3PGCNaY004221 (bfcommit, uid=1048, gid=101): Permission denied

| When a regular user tries to send a message, the file given in the
| error message is created as <user>:smmsp with permissions 0600.

Actually, I looked closer, the headers are written to a similarly
named file, and that is sent if 'sendmail -qf' is run.  The message
body is never queued.

If I make the spool world-writeable then sending works properly.
(this is not a solution, just a data point :-))

Is sendmail supposed to be suid or something?

TIA!
-D

--

You have heard the saying that if you put a thousand monkeys in a room with a
thousand typewriters and waited long enough, eventually you would have a room