Re: vim :help error?

On Thursday 25 April 2002 06:00 am, Martin A. Hansen wrote:

> i cant get :help to work in vim.
>
> i get this error:
>
> "help.txt.gz" [readonly][noeol] 8L, 3051C
> Error detected while processing BufRead Auto commands for "*.gz":

I believe this is the same problem I ran into not long ago.  If you
have ~/.vimrc as well as a global vimrc in /etc, you must comment out
the section that pertains to *.gz files in one or the other.  There is
a debian bug on file about it.

--
Bud Rogers  <budr@sirinet.net>   http://www.sirinet.net/~budr
All things in moderation.  And not too much moderation either.