Re: External USB hard disks?

On Thu, 2002-04-25 at 04:10, Ron Johnson wrote:
> > You'd better go for firewire then. I have the maxtor firewire 80 GB.
> > It works like a charm in both linux and windows... it's faster than USB1
> > (and 2)... and it work with a standard 2.4 kernel....
>
> Do you have a preferred firewire card?

My laptop has built-in firewire, but your best guess is any card that
has the Texas Instruments chipset. So look for the Ti logo on the card
before buying it.

Most firewire cards are becoming quite cheap. I've seen as low as EUR
40.

--
Mark Janssen    Unix / Linux, Open-Source and Internet Consultant @
SyConOS IT