Re: Update shouldn't nuke XF86Config-4

On Wed, 2002-04-24 at 18:58, Paul Sargent wrote:
> The XF86Config file says that "bits outside of ### DEBCONF START and END
> will not be touched" (I'm paraphrasing), so I moved the DEBCONF_START and
> DEBCONF_END so they were together at the end of the file, but really I want
> to set debconf to not mess with the file anymore. dpkg-reconfigure didn't
> give me the option, just asked me a load of x-setup question and rewrote the
> file again.

AFAIK one of the questions debconf asks when setting up X (don't know in
what exact package this question is) is:
"Do you want debconf to manage your /etc/X11/XF86config-4 file"

Answering NO should do the trick here.

I told debconf no on that question (since I have a highly tweaked config
file and unofficial SiS drivers for my laptop) and everything worked
just great after the upgrade, since debconf didn't touch the file.

--
Mark Janssen    Unix / Linux, Open-Source and Internet Consultant @
SyConOS IT