Re: spamassassin at a system-wide level?

also sprach Paul 'Baloo' Johnson <baloo@ursine.dyndns.org> [2002.04.24.1226 +0200]:
> Would it be possible for spamassassin to be run at a level where
> all inbound mail gets run through it and spam forwarded to the local
> postmaster?

what's your mta? i crafted a little perlscript that should work with
exim and postfix, maybe even qmail, and it will act as MDA,
essentially forcing procmail onto everyone (which is not too much
a problem). let me know if you're interested...

i am also packaging emailrelay, an SMTP server useful primarily for
such filtering tasks. it's 0.99rc2 right now, so give it a couple of
days...

"vulgarity is simply the conduct of other people."
                                                        -- oscar wilde