Re: Thread management in kmail

On Wednesday 24 April 2002 9:16 am, Thorsten Haude wrote:
> Hi,
>
> * Dougie Nisbet <dougie@highmoor.co.uk> [02-04-24 09:59]:
> >- Move to the next unread thread
> >- Mark the current thread as read
> >is there another mail client that would allow me to?
>
> The answer is Mutt, as always.

Perhaps. I dip into Mutt from time to time, and like its speed. I've just had
another session. One problem I often found with Mutt is that it is in a
console or xterm window, but after a bit of experimentation I find if I kick
it off with 'xterm -fn 10x20 -e mutt' I can read the messages much better.

I had a problem trying to look at my existing message base. I think this is
because under kmail I use child folders a lot - e.g. I have a linux folder
with sub-folders for laptop, and one for user. In mutt if I hit 'c' to change
folders, it can't see the linux folder.

Perhaps the way to go would be to flatten out my folder hierarchy, but having
multiple depths is useful for organising stuff. I've been skimming the Mutt
documentation and although I can see lots of references to folders, I can't
see how to create them. Is that taken care of by something like procmail? I
use filters a lot in kmail, but have often thought of getting procmail to do
the filtering.

I had a look at my inbox using mutt, and when I quit, and restarted kmail, my
inbox was corrupt!

> >- Ignore the current thread
>
> What do you mean by 'ignore'?

Dougie