FreeS/Wan and masquerdaing routing question... (was desperate for help! freeswan attempt: can exhange keys but no access to other net after!)

--- Begin Message ---
John Sullivan wrote:

> It looks like you're sending SYN packets but
> never receiving an ACK.  My guess would be that
> the internal device does not know how to get to
> 192.168.201.0/24 or it does know but it knows
> wrongly, i.e., some router is sending the
> packets to some other path.  Hope this helps -
> John
>
> > John A. Sullivan III
> > Group Technology Director
> > Nexus Management
> > +1 207-985-7880

Ok - thanks.  I'm not sure what is meant by 'the
internal device' but assuming routing is the issue
here's my setup and routing info at my end - is it
correct for what I'm trying to do?

      192.168.0.*
============194.216.251.1======194.216.251.254
-----------------------------
212.46.128.11=========aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd
=========192.168.201.*
 [private subnet                         [firewall
= left]          [router = leftnexthop]
[internet]         [router = rightnexthop]
[my static IP = right]               [my private
subnet
I want to
access]
(masqueraded)]

My masquerading script and ispec.conf are
attached.

Here's my routing table when connections me-fw1
and me-flo are up:

netstat -nr
Kernel IP routing table
Destination      Gateway
Genmask             Flags  MSS Window  irtt
Iface
194.216.251.1   212.46.128.11   255.255.255.255
UGH       0          0          0       ipsec0
212.46.128.11   0.0.0.0
255.255.255.255 UH          0          0
0       ppp0
212.46.128.11   0.0.0.0
255.255.255.255 UH          0          0
0      ipsec0
192.168.0.0       212.46.128.11
255.255.255.0     UG          0
0          0       ipsec0
192.168.201.0   0.0.0.0
255.255.255.0     U             0
0          0       eth0
0.0.0.0               212.46.128.11
0.0.0.0                 UG          0
0          0       ppp0

And here's ipsec eroute:

ipsec eroute
0          192.168.201.0/24       ->
192.168.0.0/24       => tun0x1002@194.216.251.1
0          aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd/32   ->
194.216.251.1/32   => tun0x1004@194.216.251.1

Is this correct at my end?  Should I add something
to my ipmasquerading script?  Stumped...

Thanks for any info!

Martin

#!/bin/sh
#
# rc.firewall - Initial SIMPLE IP Masquerade test for 2.1.x and 2.2.x kernels
#               using IPCHAINS
#
# Load all required IP MASQ modules
#
#   NOTE:  Only load the IP MASQ modules you need.  All current IP MASQ modules
#          are shown below but are commented out from loading.

echo "Starting IP Masquerading..."

# Needed to initially load modules
#
/sbin/depmod -a

# Supports the proper masquerading of FTP file transfers using the PORT method
#
/sbin/modprobe ip_masq_ftp

# Supports the masquerading of RealAudio over UDP.  Without this module,
#       RealAudio WILL function but in TCP mode.  This can cause a reduction
#       in sound quality
#
/sbin/modprobe ip_masq_raudio

# Supports the masquerading of IRC DCC file transfers
#
#/sbin/modprobe ip_masq_irc

# Supports the masquerading of Quake and QuakeWorld by default.  This modules is
#   for for multiple users behind the Linux MASQ server.  If you are going to
#   play Quake I, II, and III, use the second example.
#
#   NOTE:  If you get ERRORs loading the QUAKE module, you are running an old
#   -----  kernel that has bugs in it.  Please upgrade to the newest kernel.
#
#Quake I / QuakeWorld (ports 26000 and 27000)
#/sbin/modprobe ip_masq_quake
#
#Quake I/II/III / QuakeWorld (ports 26000, 27000, 27910, 27960)
#/sbin/modprobe ip_masq_quake 26000,27000,27910,27960

# Supports the masquerading of the CuSeeme video conferencing software
#
/sbin/modprobe ip_masq_cuseeme

#Supports the masquerading of the VDO-live video conferencing software
#
/sbin/modprobe ip_masq_vdolive

#CRITICAL:  Enable IP forwarding since it is disabled by default since
#
#           Redhat Users:  you may try changing the options in
#                          /etc/sysconfig/network from:
#
#                       FORWARD_IPV4=false
#                       FORWARD_IPV4=true
#

#CRITICAL:  Enable automatic IP defragmenting since it is disabled by default
#           in 2.2.x kernels.  This used to be a compile-time option but the
#           behavior was changed in 2.2.12
#
echo "1" > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_always_defrag

# Dynamic IP users:
#
#   If you get your IP address dynamically from SLIP, PPP, or DHCP, enable this #   following option.  This enables dynamic-ip address hacking in IP MASQ,
#   making the life with Diald and similar programs much easier.
#
#echo "1" > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_dynaddr

# Enable the LooseUDP patch which some Internet-based games require
#
#  If you are trying to get an Internet game to work through your IP MASQ box,
#  and you have set it up to the best of your ability without it working, try
#  enabling this option (delete the "#" character).  This option is disabled
#  by default due to possible internal machine UDP port scanning
#  vunerabilities.
#
#echo "1" > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_masq_udp_dloose

# MASQ timeouts
#
#   2 hrs timeout for TCP session timeouts
#  10 sec timeout for traffic after the TCP/IP "FIN" packet is received
#  160 sec timeout for UDP traffic (Important for MASQ'ed ICQ users)
#
/sbin/ipchains -M -S 7200 10 160

# DHCP:  For people who receive their external IP address from either DHCP or
#        BOOTP such as ADSL or Cablemodem users, it is necessary to use the
#        following before the deny command.  The "bootp_client_net_if_name"
#        should be replaced the name of the link that the DHCP/BOOTP server
#        will put an address on to?  This will be something like "eth0",
#        "eth1", etc.
#
#        This example is currently commented out.
#
#
#/sbin/ipchains -A input -j ACCEPT -i bootp_clients_net_if_name -s 0/0 67 -d 0/0 68 -p udp

# Enable simple IP forwarding and Masquerading
#
#  NOTE:  The following is an example for an internal LAN address in the
#         192.168.0.x network with a 255.255.255.0 or a "24" bit subnet mask
#         connecting to the Internet on interface eth0.
#
#         ** Please change this network number, subnet mask, and your Internet
#         ** connection interface name to match your internal LAN setup
#
/sbin/ipchains -P forward DENY
/sbin/ipchains -A forward -i ppp0 -s 192.168.201.0/24 -j MASQ

# /etc/ipsec.conf - FreeS/WAN IPsec configuration file

# More elaborate and more varied sample configurations can be found
# in FreeS/WAN's doc/examples file, and in the HTML documentation.

# basic configuration
config setup
	# THIS SETTING MUST BE CORRECT or almost nothing will work;
	# %defaultroute is okay for most simple cases.
	#interfaces=%defaultroute
	#interfaces=
	interfaces="ipsec0=ppp0"
	# Debug-logging controls:  "none" for (almost) none, "all" for lots.
	klipsdebug=all
	plutodebug=all
	# Use auto= parameters in conn descriptions to control startup actions.
	plutoload=%search
	plutostart=%search
	# Close down old connection when new one using same ID shows up.
	uniqueids=yes

# defaults for subsequent connection descriptions
# (mostly to fix internal defaults which, in retrospect, were badly chosen)
#conn %default
#	keyingtries=0
#	disablearrivalcheck=no
#	authby=secret
#	leftrsasigkey=%dns
#	rightrsasigkey=%dns

# connection description for (experimental!) opportunistic encryption
# (requires KEY record in your DNS reverse map; see doc/opportunism.howto)
conn me-to-anyone
	left=%defaultroute
	right=%opportunistic
	keylife=1h
	rekey=[sums to e4ac...]
	# uncomment this next line to enable it
	#auto=route

# sample VPN connection
conn sample
	# Left security gateway, subnet behind it, next hop toward right.
	left=10.0.0.1
	leftsubnet=172.16.0.0/24
	leftnexthop=10.22.33.44
	# Right security gateway, subnet behind it, next hop toward left.
	right=10.12.12.1
	rightsubnet=192.168.0.0/24
	rightnexthop=10.101.102.103
	# To authorize this connection, but not actually start it, at startup,
	# uncomment this.
	#auto=add

#work
conn me-fw1