Re: mutt+Maildir Pros & Cons?

Paul Mackinney declaimed:
> Patrick Hsieh declaimed:
> > Hello list,
> >
> > I use postfix and Maildir together.
> > When I export MAIL=$HOME/Maildir, mutt can read the inbox.
> > But when I send mail out, it will not backup in the $HOME/Maildir/.Sent
> > directory. How to make it work?
> I've been using mutt with mbox, fairly happy.
>
> I understand the argument for maildir (all eggs not in one basket), are
> there any cons?
>
> Also, if I want to migrate to a maildir setup
> -advice on doing it safely?
> -I gather that most muttrc commands that reference mboxes with work fine
> if I replace the mbox files with maildirs with the same names. Any
> gotchas?
Thanks for the advice, I still seem to have hit the gotchas. Converting
mboxes to Maildirs worked fine, but now all my incoming mail is getting
frozen the the /var/mail/user file.

Here's what I've done:

Uncommented the 'maildir_format' line in the address_directory
section of /etc/exim/exim.conf. This seems straightforward given the
comments in the file.

Restarted exim.

Added a trailing '/' to the mailboxes in my .forward file, and used mutt
to create the actual maildir directories with the right names.

Reduced my .forward file to:

|# Exim filter
|if error_message then
|	finish
|endif
|
|save $home/Mail/inbox/

What next? Please cc: pmackinn@mills.edu on your replies so I can read
them without having to manually unfreeze & forward them.

TIA, Paul
--
Paul Mackinney
paul@mackinney.net