Woody Woes

Hi all

I am trying to upgrade to Woody and use the 2.4 kernel.
I am a wireless enthusiast and have a pcmcia to pci adapter PLX card with a
hermes enterasis card which is why i want to use the 2.4 Kernel. (support is
in this kernel if you didnt know)

I added the correct llines to the apt soureces list and the upgrade went
smoothly with "apt-get dist-upgrade"

Upon reboot. i am still using the 2.2.17 potato kernel :(

I know it is something i am doing wrong but i don't know what.

RTFM and all that, i have done but have not been able to make it work.

I guess my question is when i have the correct apt sources, why doesnt my
kernel upgrade?

any pointers appreciated

regards

-Matt