Re: $netstat -a

On Tue, Apr 23, 2002 at 08:18:43AM -0700, Bill Moseley wrote:

> I'd probably do it the hard way.  Start in single mode, and manually bring
> up services one-by-one and see when they show up.

Thanks for the idea.

I was searching the web and found the following:

  *re: raw socket *:6
  *
  *David S. Miller (davem@dm.cobaltmicro.com)
  *Sat, 16 May 1998 13:12:44 -0700
  *
  *
  *about the mid 2.1.90's of linux-kernel
  *raw socket with local address 0:6 appeared
  *in netstat and /proc/net/raw.
  *
  *it's companion, 0:1 has been there for a while.
  *
  *does anyone know its function?
  *
  **They are internal kernel sockets used to transmit anonymous ICMP and
  **TCP reset packets.

Not sure if it's correct or exactly what it means.

I shall try your idea though the above seems to suggest that it may
not work. Thanks again.

t.irvine

--

 Whoever thinks a faultless piece to see,
 Thinks what ne'er was, nor is, nor ne'er shall be.

   Alexander Pope, An Essay On Criticism.