Re: Support for wireless PCMCIA

On Tue, Apr 23, 2002 at 01:53:28PM -0500, Grant Edwards wrote:

>  2) Are the drivers from wlan-ng compatible with the existing
>     drivers from the pcmcia-cs package? IOW, could I just add
>     prism2_cs.o to the pcmcia-cs pacakge.

Apparently not.  There seem to be two incomatible PCMCIA
wireless "schemes" right now.  AFAICT, wlan-ng supports only
the Intersil prism and the AMD <something> chipsets.  The other
drivers (part of pcmcia-cs package) use a different
administration interface.

Supporting PCMCIA wireless adapters under Linux is starting to
look like quite a mess.

--
Grant Edwards
grante@visi.com