Question About Debian

Title: Question About Debian

To whom it may concern:

My business is considering the use of Debian, and I was wondering if someone could answer my questions about it.  I have already hired an outside consultant, but wanted to research more myself.

Thank you for your input.

Questions:

1.  What are the hardware platforms required by operating system?
2.  Variety (types and number) of processors the operating system can run?
3.  Does the system support live-swapping?
4.  Ability to connect to a wide variety of computers with a wide variety of operating systems and application software in use?

5.  Type of multitasking OS uses Preemptive or Cooperative
6.  Is the OS compliant with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) --has different capabilities to support different disabilities?

7.  Operating systems that support live installation or live swapping of hardware and software Does OS provide support for remote administration?  If it does, it allows a company to do more remote network administration and software loads.

8.  Virus Scan Software Supported?
9.  Failure Detection Supported?  Able to detect and give early warnings of hardware failures?
10.  Optimized for Business Applications?  like databases?

Sincerely,

Jenny