Re: Can't connect to internet with new kernel

On Sat, Apr 20, 2002 at 03:03:59PM -0800, Greg C. Madden wrote:

   > I missed the Config_Filter option myself for awhile, nic card could not
   > be activated during boot.
   >
   > Kernel config file (.config)
   >
   > # Networking options
   > #
   > CONFIG_PACKET=y
   > # CONFIG_PACKET_MMAP is not set
   > # CONFIG_NETLINK_DEV is not set
   > # CONFIG_NETFILTER is not set
   > CONFIG_FILTER=y

This is a problem I am still facing. I queried on this and got no
answers :-(

I have all the baove things set, yet my network does not come up through
dhcp-client. That is I am trying to bring up the interface through
/etc/network/interfaces. It just aborts. But, if I use dhcpcd from
potato (on my woody machine), I can get up the interface. Has anyone
else faced this problem and found a solution?

Regards,

--
Sridhar M.A.                                mas at uomphysics dot net

nolo contendere:
	A legal term meaning: "I didn't do it, judge, and I'll never do
	it again."