Re: Fonts in GNOME badly broken!

    "Aaron" == Aaron Traas <adt6247@njit.edu> writes:

    Aaron> The problem? GNOME starts just fine, but anywhere there is
    Aaron> supposed to be a text, it shows funny boxes. KDE and
    Aaron> WindowMaker work fine. I have both 75dpi and 100dpi fonts
    Aaron> installed, as well as the msttfcorefonts package. I can't
    Aaron> mess with the configuration dialog, because I get no text
    Aaron> there as well. The text for the window title-bars works
    Aaron> (using Sawfish). GNOME apps, such as the GIMP, also exhibit
    Aaron> this behavior when running under non-GNOME environments.

Since I'm seeing font problems after an upgrade I'm looking for some
correlation. Do you have a "Files" section in /etc/X11/XF86Config-4? I
don't, not after the upgrade yesterday anyway, and upgrade broke my
fonts all around, GNOME, KDE, you name it.

I'm thinking that may have something to do with it, but the default
font path reported in XFree86.0.log looks reasonable. Well, off to
work for now....

Cheers!
Shyamal