Re: KDE, baud, and configuration

> I have the following questions.
> -> What interface card to you have?

I have a NE2000-pci card -- one of the cheapos (REALTEK Ethernet8029 type).

> -> Try restarting the service involved(ex inetd and/or network.)

I'll look in the man pages to try to see how that will work; however, I'm not
real good
at figuring these things out, even with the man pages -- so I'll probably swing
by the HOWTOs
as well.  They're a little better.

> I did have the same problem on a LAN, but with a reboot of the network
> service it was finished. Later it came out that the module for my network
> card was the problem. As soon it got under load it bombed out.

It would sound like that might be a similar case, because my network is often
going down.  Any additional
details you could give would be helpful. Such as -- if the module for the
network card is the problem,
then how do I replace/fix it, since this is a Woody installation and the network
module was installed right from
the first (no manual module insertion)?

> I'm not a linux fundy,but have had the same kind of problem, and I can
> gaurentee it is not KDE.

True, but it isn't happening under Windows -- and that was part of my
troubleshooting process.
But, on the other hand, once my Linux takes the network down, it often stays
down for the rest
of the night, until people get back in.  I assume they are rebooting the
network, so it sounds a lot
like the same kind of problem.