Re: MPEG Player?

On Sun, Apr 14, 2002 at 11:39:01AM -0500, traxlend@cs.purdue.edu wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 14, 2002 at 02:36:31AM -0700, Patrick Lane wrote:
> > I suggest MPlayer. It's not a debian package, nor will it be, so you
> > have to compile it yourself. It does have a lot of supported file
> > formats though (divx, mpeg, avi, dvd, etc...).
> >
> > www.mplayerhq.hu
>
> But, you can build a Debian package from the source. It's not like
> you're giving up control, you just need a little more time and some
> development packages. Mplayer is the only thing I use for playing
> movies.

just get the mplayer tarball from www.mplayerhq.hu the extract it and
make: dpkg-buildpackage && cd .. && dpkg -i mplayer*.deb
if you don't have dpkg-installed apt it, its called cvs-buildpackage.

Luca Pasquali - keta -

  GNU\Debian User

"I've to patch my brain and my heart, I've been hacked by the
wings of love, lonelyness is for fools, society for suckers,
the mountains are useful to rise up a little bit more to the sky"

contact me at:

keta@ptlug.org
keta@email.it