SIOCSIFFLAGS: resource temporarily unavailable

hey
yesterday i wrote a message in which i explained that my ethernet connection did not work in debian (it wont configure automatically ) even though it has worked before when i installed int a while ago..today someone told me that i hsould try to do this: ifconfig eth0 up
i did that but it gave me this:
SIOCSIFFLAGS: resource temporarily unavailable
like i said previously, i tried installing mandrake, and it did work, it also works with windows..just not with debian..i have a dynamic IP as well so i tried using pump or dhcpcd but nothing changed
thank you for any help

Alexis Georges