[Fwd: Re: apt-cache]

There is more to it than just that --

> http://www.lightlink.com/spacenka/fors/
>
> Bottom line; assume they will not react well if you violate their
> policies.  Better safe than sorry.

Microsoft is commonly believed to work hand in hand with the NSA,
especially in
the area of
encryption.  As an example, ref:  German army RFP to develop a
non-Microsoft OS,
because
all their internal email was  routing itself through Denver, or the
"Microsoft
Key" and "NSA Key"
debug notes that were left in Win98SE by accident, that allow sidegrades
to be
made quietly to
the OS.

But as part of the policy of "who watches the watchers?", the NSA is
going to
especially want
its hand on intel agents.  Which means intel agents should really use
the
official NSA release.

Don't stick a Linux box on their system -- they'll know, and they won't
be happy
on two counts.
Indeed, my advice would be that Intel agents really shouldn't use Linux
at all.
Just stick with
Windoze -- why make the watcher-watchers worry?