Re: Gnus&&XEmacs

Joachim Trinkwitz <jtr@uni-bonn.de> writes:

>> 'Window height 0 too small (after splitting)', I can't open the
>> individual mails. Argh.
>
> I always got this error message when trying to switch over to one of
> the Gnome variants of XEmacs; when I went back to xemacs21-[no]mule
> (without Gnome), gnus worked flawlessly.

If you say "export LANG=C" before starting xemacs-gnome the messages
are displayed without errors. For some reason beyond my unterstanding
of Xemacs internals this function does not work with the
internationalized versions of xemacs-gnome.

> I have given up the Gnome variants completely now.

Me too. While being able to correct the above error it is still no fun
to look at missplaced buttons (mostly in customize buffers) and badly
formatted text scrolling out of it's frame...

It is nice to have god's own editor with the outfit of god's own
desktop environment ;-) but it doesn't have the sleek consistency and
the stability of it's conservative brother.

[x] ulf

--
Nie in die ferne Zeit verliere dich! Den Augenblick ergreife! Der ist dein.
(Schiller)