Allow root to telnet

Hi,

I am having trouble with a few services and want to allow root to telnet to a Debian 2.2r5 system for testing purposes, but can not find the way to allow this to happen.

I have had a look through the man pages, and looked into /etc/securetty but get stuck there. Do I have to add an entry for telnet to securetty to allow root to login that way? Or is it done elsewhere??

Also, how would I allow telnet to accessed on more than one port at a time. I may need to allow it on port 23 and 5555(omniback backup software port), but can only seem to allow one or the other, not both. How can I allow both 23 and 5555 to accept telnet?

Any answers would be better than none.
Thanks
Mike W

This email is confidential and may contain legally privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not disclose or use the information contained in it. If you have received this email in error, please notify us immediately by return email and delete the document.