Re: Linux equivalent of CloneCD?

On Sunday 21 April 2002 9:47 pm, Jamin W.Collins wrote:
> On Sun, 21 Apr 2002 22:33:43 +0200
>
> "martin f krafft" <madduck@madduck.net> wrote:
> > also sprach Troy Telford <troy@myrealbox.com> [2002.04.21.2228 +0200]:
> > > Is there a Linux equivalent of CloneCD?  (Meaning it can make a
> > > perfect bit-per-bit copy of a CD?)
> >
> > cdrecord -v -isosize -data /dev/cdrom
>
> This will work, provided that the original CD comply's to the ISO
> standard.  Things such as SafeDisc and other copy protection schemes
> will mess this up.  However, in the case of CloneCD, the copy is a bit
> by bit copy not an iso dump (which is what cdrecord provides TMK).  I
> too would be interested in a lower level copy option for these pesky
> CDs.

I've always used dd to create disk images for duplicating -
jamaro:~# dd if=/dev/cdrom of=cd1.iso
and so far it's worked fine. Not tried it on audio disks, though. I've
also seen cat /dev/cdrom > cd1.iso recommended.

Regards, Martin
--
martin@dbg400.net  jamaro@firstlinux.net  http://www.dbg400.net        /"\
DBG/400 - DataBase Generation utilities - AS/400 / iSeries Open        \ /