Potato on ALPHAstation 255: I cannot install it!

Hello!

Recently I got a Digital ALPHAstation 255. Of course, I wanted to
install a real OS: Debian Potato for ALPHA.
I deleted the existing NT-partiton (via the BIOS) and inserted my
boot disc and the first CD.
Unfortunatly, the BIOS only seems to support NT or Win2k, since
there are several options like "Install Windows NT", "Partition
HDD for Windows NT" and so on.
But I cannot boot from CD or floppy, nor can I tell the BIOS to do so.

Has anybody solved this problem in the past? If so, can (s)he give
me a hint how?
I  have RTFM, but there are only general topics like partitioning,
making backups and so on.

Yours

Andreas Maresch

--
The checkbox said: "Windows 95 or better".
So I installed Linux!