Re: Alternative to DEBIAN-CD

On Tue, 16 Apr 2002, Shawn McMahon wrote:

> begin  Daniel Mashao quotation:
> >
> > messages (if they were error messages at all :) ). All I want is a
> > program that will take the address of the mirror site, the dist I want,
> > and say get woody for me. Have the program get it. Simple.
> >
> > So are there any alternatives to debian-cd?
>
> If that's all you want it to do, then the program you are looking for is
> "ftp".
No ftp would not do what I wanted. But thanks any way. I found a faster
mirror closer to where I am (South Africa) and they keep images of
testing. The site is
	url="ftp://ftp.tu-clausthal.de/pub/linux/misc/unofficial-woody";
and combined with 'wget' was exactly what the doctor ordered.

Daniel J. Mashao
Electrical Engineering                    daniel@eng.uct.ac.za
University of Cape Town	       	          http://daniel.eng.uct.ac.za
Rondebosch, 7700, S. Africa               (w) 021-6502816  (c) 082-928-3692