XF86Config

     I am going to have to use an old, undocumented machine while I am
on vacation for the next several weeks.

     I plan to bring my own hard disk with Debian installed, but my
XF86Config-4 will not work with this undocumented monitor.

     Is there any tool that will probe the monitor and determine the
allowable refresh rates and/or other parameters?  Is there a generic
configuration that can be used safely with most monitors?

Bob
--
   _
  |_)  _  |_       Robert D. Hilliard      <hilliard@debian.org>