Re: Detatch and re-attatch shell/process?

If you're not insisting on the 'log-out'-point, it would be quite easy....
here's an unreflected idea for an improvement:
Perhaps your machines could steadily run as 'I'mStillHere#' and users
entering their home-environment by 'su' ( instead of login - so you've got to
tweek a little with ~/.bashrc and ~/.bashprofile )....? They might only be
able to run their process on the textconsole, though ( but AFAIC there are
some options to configure X differently ). 'Logging out' by 'exit' won't stop
the process. But even if it works, it would be an improvement, no good
style...

--
Michl.