Tomcat4 FilePermission problem with DeployedServices.ds

Hi,

i want to set up a soap server using apache and tomcat4.
I installed apache, tomcat4, libtomcat4-java, tomcat4-webapps, j2sdk1.3,
libsoap-java, mail.jar, activation.jar etc.
Tomcat ist working fine, i can run those examples. Soap seems to run as
well, i can start the admin interface at localhost:8180/soap/admin and do a
"list Deployed Services". There are no services listed.

When i want to deploy a service the admin interface returns
"javax.servlet.ServletException: Error saving services registry: access
denied (java.io.FilePermission DeployedServices.ds write)". The log file
/var/log/tomcat4/catalina.out says "SOAP Service Manager: Unable to read
'DeployedServices.ds': assuming fresh start". According to Documentation
that should be just a warning and the file should be created.

But on my system the problem persists.
In order to work around that problem i have changed the permission of all
directories below /var/lib/tomcat4, /usr/share/tomcat4 and /etc/tomcat4 to
777. Then i created an empty file DeployedServices.ds secured 777 in almost
every directory. But still no change.

Maybe it would help if i could create an empty DeployedServices.ds in the
right directory. Could somebody with a working soap installation tell me
where the file resides ?

Gerhard