Re: IDE-SCSI, CD-RW, ZIP drive weirdness

If you have another ATAPI CD-ROM, you would want to add this line to your
/etc/modutils/aliases file and run update-modules:

pre-install      ide-scsi      modprobe ide-cd

This causes the IDE driver to load before ide-scsi. It then takes control of
the ATAPID CD-ROM -- anything that it hasn't been told to ignore. That leaves
just the ignored devices for ide-scsi to control.

I'm not sure if it's the same thing for an ATAPI zip drive, but you might
want to give it a shot.

Warren