Re: Intermittent System Lockup (long)

* Jaye Inabnit ke6sls (ke6sls@cox.net) spake thusly:

> On Wednesday 17 April 2002 11:29 am, Jamin W. Collins wrote:
> >yup, snipped it all<
>
>     Greetings Jamin:
>
> I built a box for a young friend as a gift.  It is back on my bench now.
> Seems it has a memory *socket* issue.  Installing DIMMS would cause the
> mainboard to bend slightly toward the chassis, thus causing the socket to
> warp.  Sound engineering could have prevented it,  but I can fabricate better
> mounts myself.  I am going to look it over carefully with a magnifying glass
> to ensure the traces are solid, then attempt to reshape it.

Hint: buy a can of frozen CO2 from electronics store and spray
the tracks before examining them. Cold will make the tracks
shrink, and breaks (if any) will be easier to notice.

Dima
--
Riding roughshod over some little used trifle like the English language is not a
big deal to an important technology innovator like Microsoft. They did just that