Re: xconsole won't allow input!?!

On Thu, 18 Apr 2002, Michael Kahle wrote:

> I made the decision today to install XFree86 with afterstep for a lightweight
> window manager.  I managed to get everything working fine, but when I
> launch XConsole it won't let me put any input into the xconsole window.

This is normal.  It only reads anything you send at /dev/xconsole.  You
can have X start this automatically, with a little tweek (look around in
/etc/X11), and you can get your logs piped to it with a little tweek of
syslog.conf.  The reason why xconsole exists should be clear now.

It sounds like you're looking for a terminal program.  Try xterm, rvxt,
or some other similarly named app and see if that's what you expected.

--
Baloo