Re: Anti-aliased fonts in Mozilla 0.9.9

If you roll your own there is a build option --enable-xft which implies that this option should do something, but I don't think it is enabled by default.

Alan Shutko wrote:
John Krasnay <john@krasnay.ca> writes:

I'm running Debian testing and I just got Mozilla 0.9.9. The
anti-aliasing works, but I'm trying to enable subpixel rendering. I've
added `match edit rgba = rgb;' to my /etc/X11/XftConfig, but the
anti-aliasing hasn't changed...it still uses grey for partial pixels.

I'm not sure Mozilla uses Xft... enabling_truetype.html seems to
indicate it just uses freetype2.  So it may not be able to do subpixel
rendering.  8^(