pump / ifupdown bug?

I believe I've discovered a minor bug, but I don't know which
package I should submit a bug report for.  Some guidance would be
appreciated.

When I boot, /etc/init.d/networking calls /sbin/ifup, which in turn
starts the pump daemon when it brings eth0 with a DHCP assigned
address.

Later (like 40 days later), I ran 'telinit 1' to get a quiet
system for a full backup.  That killed pump, even though the
eth0 remained up.  When I ran 'telinit 2' to return to
multi-user mode, pump did not restart.

Is this a bug, and if so, for which package should a bug report
be submitted.

	-Marc