Setting up a DHCP connection

Hello

My work is currently organizing the installation of a broadband
internet connection (via a digital set top box) into my home. The
intention being that it will be mainly used to network a company
Windose laptop. The installation technician saw my Debian box (Woody
on a Compaq Professional Workstation 5000 PPro SMP) and mentioned
that that although they don't officially support Linux if I could get a
DHCP connection up and running through my ethernet card I could
probable connect my Debian box on to their network.

Following this I did some research in the documentation and mail
archives at Debian and the Linux Documentation Project. Both these
places have lots of networking information but none of it seems to
tell you directly how to set-up a DHCP connection on a Debian box.

I would be very grateful if anyone could give me some pointers as to
how to set-up DHCP or a good source of information on the subject.

Thanks in advance

James

James Aitken
W: +44 (0) 20 8547 0470