Re: Samba alternative

* curtis (curtis@npc-usa.com) spake thusly:
> In a contribution to the Samba alternative discussion:
>
> I have heard on beachmark tests, Samba, however, is much faster than
> NFS.  In fact, as I understand this person recommends using SAMBA over
> NFS even in pure Linux environment for this reason alone.
>
> Does anyone know otherwise?

Well, I'm sure it'll work just fine if everyone always
logs in as root. Otherwise there is this little problem
with file ownerships/permissions: they don't map between
Unix and Windows all that nicely.

Dima
--
I like the US government, makes the Aussie one look less dumb and THAT is a
pretty big effort.                                               -- Craig Small