Re: Help installing packages (newbie but refusing to give up)

On Wed, 2002-04-17 at 15:03, GQ Kokidko wrote:
> the Packages and Packages.gz files were downloaded w/ the directories of all
> the packages and placed on my win partition w/ the other packages (wow, that
> was a tongue twister).  Just to be safe I gave it a try anyway by deleting
> Packages and Packages.gz and running "dpkg-scanpackages" which returned
> "command not found".  I then tried "dpkg -scanpackages" returning "unknown
> option -c" then "dpkg --scanpackages" wich failed as well.  Any other
> suggestions?  Thanks for the help

dpkg-scanpackages is part of dpkg-dev
find the package and install it with dpkg and you should be able to do
it.

--
-Peace kid
  Scott Henson	shenson2@wvu.edu

"God's the ultimate playa, so naturally He's going to have some haters,"
rapper Ice Cube said. "But these haters need to realize that  if you
mess with the man upstairs, you will get your ass smote. True dat."