RE: Fonts on an LCD Flat Panel

I got similar problems setting up Linux on my (2nd) Laptop:

This ugly fonts came from the wrong XServer (and maybe) the
'stretch'-funcionallity of my monitor.

I made good experience with:
* install XF86Setup (needs VGA16-XServer)
* running xviddetect (shows the right XServer, ie SVGA)
* running/trying XF86Setup (choosing right resolution and depth)
* testing with command 'X' or 'xinit' before 'startx' may help

greetings
dieter