Re: jigdo in the background

On Tue, Apr 16, 2002 at 11:36:01PM +0200, Raffaele Sandrini wrote:
| Hi
|
| Hi i have a little LAN here (3 PCs and a router). The router has no screen. Is
| it possible to start the jigdo process on it and detach (close the ssh
| connection)? I don't like to have 2 computer on the whole night. The router
| runs also Debian (like all my PCs).

$ ssh router
$ screen
$ <command>
^A^D
$ exit
$ sudo halt

Log in to the router and run 'screen'.  Run whatever command you want
in screen (I've noticed that 'minicom' doesn't work well in screen, I
imagine emacs would have trouble too).  You detach from screen via
^A^D.  Then you are back to your original remote shell which you can
exit from.  Then you can shutdown your local machine.  Tomorrow you
log back into the router and run 'screen -r' to reattach to the screen
and see the last few lines of output.

-D

--

In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have
told you.  I am going there to prepare a place for you.  And if I go and